Water conservation encompasses the policies, strategies and activities made to manage fresh water as a sustainable resource, to protect the water environment, and to meet current and future human demand.
Here are 10 home strategies and activities or easy tips that can help conserve water
- Check your toilets for leaks
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks
- Rinse your razor in the sink
- Use your water meter to check for hidden water leaks
- Don’t use the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket
- Turn off the water after you wet your toothbrush
- Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators
- Put plastic bottles or float booster in your toilet tank.
- Insulate your water pipes.
- Take shorter showers.