Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a government firm that sets standards for licensed water services firms. It gives rules, standards and guidelines on water services to protect consumers.
The regulator has announced the vacancy following the exit of Mr Robert Gakubia who has been the chief executive officer for 12 years. Last year the board extended Mr Gakubia’s contract by one year although he had reached the retirement age of 60.
Chairman Joshua Irungu told Water Tower that the board has appointed Mr Peter Njaggah to be the acting chief executive officer. Mr Njaggah will take up the acting role on 17 May. Currently, he is Wasreb’s director for licensing, standards and advocacy.
The chief executive officer is responsible to the board of directors in implementing the firm’s strategic goals. In addition, the CEO is in charge of daily running of the firm.
Chairman of the board of directors must receive applications for the CEO’s position by the end of the day on 18 May 2021. Candidates must send their applications on email to email@example.com.
What qualification must a candidate have?
A candidate seeking to fill the position must have the following.
- At least 15 years’ working experience, five of which must have been in senior management.
- A master’s degree in either law, engineering, economics, business administration or relevant field from a recognised institution.
- A bachelor’s degree in law, engineering, economics, or any other relevant field from a recognised institution.
- Membership to a professional body and member in good standing.
- Leadership course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognised institution.
- Demonstrated results in work performance.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Shortlisted candidates must satisfy requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. They must have certificate of good conduct, certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, tax compliance certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance and credit reference bureau certificate.