Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) is one of the eight Water Services Boards under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation created under the Water Act 2002 with the mandate of providing economical and efficient Water and Sewerage services within its area of jurisdiction as per the licence issued by the Water Services Board (WASREB) pending the enactment of the Water Bill. The Board covers the six counties of Nyeri, Murang’a, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka/Nithi and Meru with its Head Office in Nyeri town.
Following the transfer of the water services function to the County Governments, the Nyeri
Water & Sewerage Company (NYEWASCO) shares previously held by the defunct Municipal
Council of Nyeri were fully transmitted County Government of Nyeri and its Memorandum & Articles of Association was amended to reflect the new dispensation.
TWSB and the six County Governments within its area of jurisdiction continue to collaborate to ensure that the water services sector corporate governance guidelines and standards continue to be implemented and are maintained.
Under the corporate governance guidelines, the Water Service Provider (WSPs) are managed by an independent Board of Directors whose primary function is oversight on the management duties and responsibilities in order to ensure that the long term goals of both the shareholders and stakeholders are attained as planned. The day to day management of the WSP is therefore carried out by a competitively recruited management team headed by a Managing Director.
In view of the above, the County Government of Nyeri intends to fill various vacant positions in the Board of Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company as indicated below:-
BACKGROUND OF THE DIRECTORS
The composition of the directors requires a mix of skills from the business and manufacturing community, professional bodies, resident organizations, women organizations, physically challenged persons and local stakeholders groups such as schools, farmers, youth groups, geographical representation etc. The selection process shall be subjected to the Constitutional requirement of gender balance.
To be eligible, all persons appointed to the board must:-
- Be literate and numerate to at least O level.
- Demonstrate experience and acumen in a business or any profession for at least 7 years.
- Demonstrate participation in local development initiatives.
- Have experience as a change management agent
- Not be suppliers or other trading associates of the company
- Not be persons in current professional or social relationships with the directors of the company
- Be a resident within the area served by the company
- Obtain a recommendation letter from the nominating body
- Fulfill conditions of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity by submitting current copies of:-
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from accredited Credit Reference Bureau
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Authority
Applications are invited from qualified individuals wishing to be considered to serve as directors of the company as follows:-
- One (1) Director representing Institutional consumers – Education Associations and institutions of higher learning.
- One (1) Director representing Special interest Groups – Women, Persons Living with Disability, Non – Government Organizations and Youth.
Interested persons should submit their applications and curriculum vitae (CVs) indicating the local stakeholder group they belong to and the area of residence within the service area of the company they are interested in.
The application should be sent in a plain and sealed envelope marked “Application for directorship” and deposited at Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company (NYEWASCO) Application Box through the following address:-
Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company
P.O. Box 1520 – 10100
The applications should reach Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company (NYEWASCO) located at NYEWASCO Building, Off Kenyatta Road behind the Nyeri Fire Station in Nyeri Town on or before Monday, March 14, 2016 at 10.00am.